COVID-19 News from NECS
Preparing for COVID-19
Your health and safety are our top priority. Our teams are working with other healthcare organizations and state officials to closely monitor the COVID-19/Coronavirus situation. We are also taking steps to protect patients, families, and staff as we prepare for the potential arrival of the virus in our state. You can find the most up-to-date Coronavirus information on the CDC website.
If you have any questions about your care, please call us at 207-303-3300.
Steps You Can Take
Coronavirus is making headlines across the country, but please remember that the vast majority of cases are mild, and that you can take steps to keep you and your loved ones healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve, not your hands. Or use a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Stay home when sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects (like your cell phone) and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Learn more ways to prepare your household here (CDC Website)
The CDC has suggested that persons who are at increased risk of developing Coronavirus should consider preparing in case they need to stay home for an extended period of time. This includes stocking up on any necessary medications. If you have questions about your prescriptions or medications, please call the NECS Pharmacy at 207-396-7534 so we can assist you. Learn more about preparations for high-risk individuals on the CDC website here.